Friday, May 3, 2013

Java Jive

Davao is clearly saturated with coffee shops and resto cafes offering basically the same array of food items on their menu. Hence, entrepreneurs are always keen on looking for ways to offer something unique to their customers for a wider market reach and to establish a customer base. Thus, Java Jive opened with a new offering to the local palate that would soothe not only your craving for good food, but also relaxing music throughout your dining experience. 

I always pass by Java Jive on my way to the gym after work and it's piqued my curiosity - I have to admit. However, I haven't had the chance to go in and try them out until just recently. The main appeal of Java Jive is not only their ability to offer good food, if that is indeed the case, but also to be serenaded by Davao's local talents while enjoying your food.


One thing I noticed right away is the ambiance at Java Jive. Indeed, it is as laidback as you can get with dim lighting and comfy chairs (they have sofas, too!). The mellow music performed live by the artists set the mood of the place. In addition, they also have quite an extensive menu. And as a hardcore foodie, I scoured the menu to see what I can treat my palate to while listening to the live music.

My first order was the Tasty Tuna Pesto Pasta (P145). I had to note that this wasn't my original order, though. I really wanted to get the Pesto Farfalle but I was told that they didn't have the farfalle pasta, so what's the point. Thankfully, this dish was good. Not great, but good. Slightly overpriced given that they only used canned tuna. But since pesto is a weakness of mine, I can't complain anymore.


Also on the order was their Crispy Chicken Wings with rice. For something that is priced more than P150 (forgot to take note of the actual price), I expected better. Instead, we got 3 pieces of small chicken wings. The batter wasn't anything special. Plus, we also weren't served with gravy along with this meal even though the menu clearly indicated that an order comes with its own gravy. This was only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, because when we ordered this on the counter, the attendant apparently forgot to take note of this particular order. After 30 minutes of waiting, we complained about our missing order only to realize that they did not get it. What a shame, right?


My only favorite thing about this dining experience at Java Jive was the Cookies N Cream Jazz Blended Drink. This one is milk-based and comes with a rich whip creme on top, along with sprinkles of oreo cookies. For someone who is a big fan of cookies n' cream, this gets my approval.


I am not keen on returning to Java Jive soon. Maybe if they'll improve their service and food quality, I will re-consider. I am counting on them to make these improvements especially since this business has great potential.

Java Jive is located at 1.18 Centron Bldg., Quirino Avenue corner Gen Luna St., Davao City.

Like this blog on Facebook or follow on Twitter for more foodie updates and reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...