Friday, March 15, 2013

The Bagnetian Kitchen: Sinfully Good

I've been hearing a lot about The Bagnetian Kitchen for some time now. In fact, when I once held a poll on my Facebook fan page on which restaurants to review next on my blog and a lot of those who responded suggested The Bagnetian Kitchen (even though it wasn't in the original list of choices I've provided). It told me right away that this must be a good restaurant I have to check out soon given the hype that it has been getting. Just recently, I finally made a trip to Brick Lane Square and sampled their famous bagnets. Even when I am on a strict diet, I just couldn't resist the temptation and so I dug in to my taste bud's delight (and my tummy's scorn).

Given that The Bagnetian Kitchen is set in a place where people would mostly hangout and enjoy some drinks, the ambiance of this restaurant is appropriate. The dark walls (predominantly black and red) is the ideal place for friends to come together and eat, then have a few drinks after dinner. 



The real star of this restaurant, though, does not hide behind extravagant ambiance - it is served on a plate right before you. Hence, it is only but necessary that we order one of their Bagnets, apparently since everyone's been raving about it online. We went for the classic Bagnet (P 158). For those who aren't familiar with what a bagnet is, it is basically a sinful serving of crisp pork belly. Think pork liempo, only much crispier! Sounds good, right?

We also ordered Sisig (P 188) off the menu, which is a Korean style marinated beef grilled to perfection and served in a sizzling plate. This is a unique take from the traditional sisig I've tried before because it comes with a crunchy texture. 





Another favorite dish of mine is the Chicken Fajita (P 178). This dish is made up of grilled chicken with caramelized onions and bell pepper. Each serving also comes with Spanish rice and flour tortilla. This dish might be a little too spicy for my liking but that does not keep me from having a taste. 



Whenever I see any shrimp dish on the menu, I got to order one, especially when it is a Gambas (P 188). I love their version of Gambas because even though there is a hint of spice, it comes with a reasonable amount of sauce coating the shrimps. Thus, it is fun to top it on the buttered bread that is served along with the dish. 


My least favorite dish of all the ones we ordered is the Chicken Nuggets and Fries (P 138). The chicken lacked seasoning despite the perfect crunch. The french fries wasn't special either. And to make it worse, the gravy wasn't very tasty. In fact, it is probably the worst gravy I've had. Hopefully, they can make improvements to this dish because I've loved everything else on the menu. In fact, I certainly see myself dining here again... hopefully soon because we got promo cards. 

How did you like dining at The Bagnetian Kitchen?


The Bagnetian Kitchen is located at Door 1, Brick Lane, Palma Gil St., Obrero, Davao City.


Like this blog on Facebook for more foodie updates and reviews.

1 comment:

  1. try their bagnet platter and watch out for cholesterol.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...