Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lachi's New York Style Cheesecake

There are quite a few restaurants or dining spots in Davao that has come to be associated with the local culinary scene. These are places that locals would recommend to tourists with pride and without hesitation. One of those that I would personally recommend is Lachi's. This quaint and small restaurant is one of Davao's pride, indeed, especially when it comes to sweets and desserts. The restaurant bears the tagline "Only the Finest Ingredients" along with its name, and with such a promising claim, you need to put up or shut up!

And having been to Lachi's several times, I can say with confidence that this place is everything it is hyped to be.. and more. But their New York Style Cheesecake is something that has drawn me back time and time again. Hands down - the best cheesecake in Davao. I've tasted quite a few ones like the one at Euro Cafe, but everything else just pales in comparison.


There are actually two options for enjoying your cheesecake at Lachi's. You can go for the chilled or baked variety. Since most cheesecakes I've tried before are chilled, I went for the baked version with blueberry on top (you can also go for the cherry). The cheesecake mixture is heavenly! I love that they don't overwhelm with sweetness. Don't be deceived by the size of the slice because every spoonful is packed with flavor and the rich topping of blueberry is just icing on the cake, so to speak.

Reminiscing about the delicious desserts and sweets at Lachi's makes me want to head on over there and treat myself to some slices. Their tortes are equally amazing, too! But if you want to sample something that is truly Davao-ish, go for the Durian Cheesecake. That one, I'll have to pass because anything with durian is a no-no for me. 

Have you tried Lachi's? Though the real question is - why haven't you? 

Lachi's is located at Ruby St., Marfori Heights. Davao City. 


Like this blog on Facebook for more foodie updates and reviews.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...