Friday, February 8, 2013

Bon Appetit Le Bistro at The Peak

Late last year, I visited Bon Appetit La Boutique in their Obrero branch for the first time. And I say, Obrero branch because they now have a new branch located at Gaisano Mall's The Peak. I had always intended to try them again especially since I was able to sample their desserts the first time I went there. And because I was blown away by the dessert, the Apple Tart with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream to be specific, I just knew that their other menu offerings would satisfy my discerning taste as well.



The ambiance and aesthetics of Bon Appetit in The Peak is much similar to their original branch. In fact, it is patterned very well, which helps to retain the warm and cozy ambiance that is perfect for an intimate fine dining experience. Upon entering, we were greeted by their friendly staff and scoured their menu with excitement and anticipation for a great meal ahead. 


While waiting for our orders to be served, we were given this complementary treat that was the best way to revv up our appetite. This caviar and black olives tapenade features a salty yet savory taste that makes for a perfect dip to the wheat bread. As a fan of olives, I love how the aroma fills you up with every bite.



Since I'd been craving for pasta after I've seen this Travel Channel special on the world's best pastas, I knew I had to sample one of Bon Appetit's. I ordered Penne Roquefort et Noix or Penne with Roquefort Cheese and Walnut Sauce. The order cost me Php 350, which is a reasonable price if you get to taste this pasta. Simply amazing! The penne is cooked perfectly and the subtle flavor from the sauce makes it feel like the pasta just melts in your mouth. I haven't tried Roquefort cheese before but it works well with the walnut sauce. The use of olive oil also helps the flavor to stick into the pasta so every mouthful of penne just feels fantastic to your taste buds. 



Meanwhile, E picked the Fricassee de Poulet or Sliced Chicken Fillet cooked with Cream, Herbs, and Mushroom. He chose the Grilled Potatoes for his side dish. A serving sets you back at PhP 275, which you'd realize is a bargain once you've sampled just how heavenly this is! This dish is one of the best chicken dishes I've had. The cream is rich but not too thick, just the perfect compliment to the tender chicken meat. We also made sure to sprinkle some fresh pepper on top before eating and it did help to add another layer to the flavor! And we couldn't have picked a better side dish than the grilled potatoes, which are small potatoes sliced in half and not peeled. It helped to bring forth a neutralizing effect on the thick, fricassee sauce. Gourmet food at its best!

Every visit to Bon Appetit has always been satisfying for my palate. And I'm pretty sure that won't be the last time we will be dining there. Make sure to check them out if you haven't yet!

Bon Appetit La Botique is located at Plaza del Carmen, Loyola St., Obrero, Davao City. Meanwhile, Bon Appetit Le Bistro is located on the third floor of Gaisano Mall The Peak (in the same level as Don Beppe). You can view Le Bistro's full menu online here


Like this blog on Facebook for more foodie updates and reviews.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...