Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Desserts at Bo's Coffee

I used to frequent coffee shops a lot but recently haven't been able to do so. But during those times when I had the opportunity to sample a few coffee shops, Bo's Coffee stood out for me. They had deliciously brewed coffee and non-caffeinated drinks, together with a selection of drool-inducing pastries, albeit the fact that theirs were slightly more expensive than other coffee shops in Davao.

Thus, I head on over to Bo's Coffee Shop one night after having dinner at California Diner. I had the Cookies 'N Cream chilled drink for PhP150 for the large size and a slice of the Midnight Delight cake. However, Bo's serving is priced quite steeply at PhP 120 and it wasn't even a big slice at all.


I enjoyed the chilled drink to the very last drop, especially because I can taste the huge chunk of cookies with every sip. Plus, that heavy cream on top was pure heaven! It is a non-caffeinated drink, too, which makes it perfect for those who do not drink coffee.


However, the Midnight Delight was a disappointment – not for the quality or taste, but for the price. I heard that most of the cakes served at Bo's are from Lachi's anyway so I could've just head right over to Lachi's for a wider range of pastries selection at a more reasonable price. Same goes with their dishes, too, of which I've tried on my previous trips to this coffee shop. I don't want to sound stingy but I would not mind paying more if it were worth it.

I guess I would be back to Bo's for their coffee and beverages, but definitely not for the food and pastries. What about you? How was your experience at Bo's Coffee?

5 comments:

  1. Mas okay yung pastries sa Starbucks, at least to me.

    But Bo's is alright with their coffee. Americano yung lagi kong inoorder kasi mura lang. hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que buena pinta!!!!
    Saludos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems sooooo delicious

    Http://Fashioneiric.Blogspot.Com

    Coline !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Bo's because I don't frequent coffee shops since (1) I don't drink coffee much and (2) I consider their coffee expensive so I prefer making my own coffee from Nescafe or other brands.

    The only coffee shops that I visited were Starbucks and Figaro. I prefer Figaro because I think it is better than Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not been to the place. but it looks like a good place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...