Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tong Yang Shabu-Shabu – Unique Dining Experience

Davao City offers plenty of options for dining across a variety of cuisines. So, when you want to pamper your tummy and treat yourself to good food, you’d have more than enough choices! But if you are up for a unique dining experience, I think nothing beats Tong Yang Shabu-Shabu and Smokeless Grill.



Tong Yang Shabu-Shabu and Smokeless Grill is located alongside Chimes at Gov. Sales Street. They offer an extensive menu from which you can choose from to prepare your own soup or grill your own meat or seafood.



Naturally, I picked the seafood platter for making my own soup dish. Check out the fresh and tempting platter of seafood below. You also get to pick the kind of soup to use for preparing this dish. For our two platters, we picked Miso and Sinigang soup stock. 


Seafood platter on the left


They also have items available for grilling and we opted for the standard pork BBQ. However, each of their barbecue meat and seafood menu offers a wide variety to suit any preference, or craving.



The idea of cooking my own food is not entirely alien to me because I love cooking just as much as I love to eat. However, it’s a fun and interactive experience for those who love dining out.



As a side note, I wanted to point out how helpful their staffs are. E & I are new to this kind of dining experience so we could use all the guidance we need. The waitress that attended to us was very well versed about the food choices and even offered us tips on how to prepare our food. It really makes a world of difference when waiters and waitresses are knowledgeable about the food they serve at their restaurant. (I could name a few that need improvement on this department.)



If you want to give them a try, just visit their branch at Chimes along Gov. Sales Street. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. wahahaha! Lols! I remembered my first and only experience here with my lunch meeting with my Japanese bosses! I'm so stupid. I ate the meat raw. un pla i-boil p pla xa s soup n kumukulo. plus ung kanilang parang gasul napalakas ko ng bonggang bongga, ng-asu2x tuloy s aming pan.
    Yet, it is the most healtiest meal i've tried so far! hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Nakakagutom dahil favorite ko ang shabu shabu... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you should be there by nov kasi anniversary nila.i heard they are preparing big discounts for the customer actually they have monthly promotions pero very short term lang..lov shabu-shabu also!!hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I will keep an eye on them by November :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...