Saturday, July 21, 2012

Grub Resto Café: My All-Time Fave in Davao


Why I haven’t got around to writing a blog on my favorite place to dine in Davao is beyond me. Grub Resto Café is that one place that I go to again and again if I want to experience good food. And until today, it hasn't disappointed me.


I have a few favorite dishes in Grub Resto Café, which is a small restaurant located in Duterte St. (directly across Shakey’s). 




My first favorite is their Fresh Garden Salad. I always order this one whenever I get the chance. It is the perfect example that healthy does not always mean bland. But there is one element to this salad that I really dig – the vinaigrette. Hands down, this is the best vinaigrette I’ve ever tasted to date. E & I had been working hard trying to get the same results with our vinaigrette whenever we make a salad at home, but we couldn’t quite get there yet. Grub’s has the perfect combination of tartness and sweetness that compliments the crisp texture of the greens. It’s also got a generous amount of cauliflower and broccoli, which is a bonus.



Another dish unique to Grub Resto Café is their Grub Meatball Spaghetti. I bet you haven’t had spaghetti like this! The marinara sauce is well seasoned and sprinkled with all kinds of aromatics. The serving is also unique because it is served inside a round bread such that you eat the bread together with the pasta, instead of the usual wherein the bread is put on the side. And even the bread in itself is better than any other garlic bread you’ve ever had! If there is one dish that you shouldn’t miss at Grub, this is the one!



Here are our other favorites from Grub Resto Café, which I recommend you should give a try!



Chocolate Kiss



Dino Chops


Grub Ribs


Fish Parmigelliano


Pork Mexicali Style


Homerun Pie


 
These are just some of what we had sampled at Grub Resto Café. I highly recommend that you pay them a visit. They are open Mondays until Saturdays. And they have very friendly staffs too!

Vist their Facebook page for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...