Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dreaming of Café Del Sol

One thing I love about cafes is that you can indulge in breakfast meals any time of day. Pancakes. French toast. Omelette. Don’t we all have that occasional craving? Comfort food at its finest.



On my recent trip to Boracay, I had a chance to dine at Café del Sol with E and a friend. We needed to give our feet a break from the long hike and also to grab a quick mid-afternoon snack. We ended up in Café del Sol, which is a small restaurant located right at the entrance to D’Mall. Initially, we planned on trying their breakfast meals but we figured we were too full to eat that time. So, we opted for their dessert snacks instead.  
Cafe del Sol Boracay
But I have a confession to make: the decision to dine there wasn’t spontaneous at all. I had spotted their frozen shelf full of drool-inducing pastries that I HAD to sample one (or two!).


And so we did. Here are our orders:



Square Indulgence

Oreo Cheesecake
Mango Cheesecake

I would be hard pressed to pick which of the three I loved best. All of them were equally out-of-this-world! I forgot to take note of the prices but I think each would cost around PhP150-PhP200. But totally worth every penny spent! I’ve been dreaming of that delectable taste on my palate since I tasted their delicious pastries.


Now, if only Café del Sol opened a branch in Davao. The recent surge of new restos (with the opening of new malls and another one due to open its doors to the locals late this year) has given me hope that eventually this will happen. Until then, the dreaming continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...