Friday, May 27, 2011

Red Kimono at Abreeza

It was our first time at Abreeza and so my boyf and I were clueless on where to eat. We decided to scour the entire mall for a while before we decide where to have our dinner. We ended up getting lost (oops, LOL) and it took us maybe around 30 minutes before we finally got settled. It was a tiny nook in the left side of the mall wherein we found Red Kimono. Other choices would have been TGIFriday's, Italianni's, and Mooon Cafe (my 3 other choices), but these restaurants were jam packed that night (it was a Wednesday) and neither I nor my tummy had the patience to wait!

So, we decided to go for Red Kimono since I had also been eyeing it for a while and anyone who knows me is aware that I am a massive Japanese food fanatic. This is their first time to open a branch in Davao City, so that is another reason for me to get excited.

I noticed that the ambience had
more of a modern Japanese feel, which was warm and welcoming. However, the place is tad too small especially since they had large tables for a group and we were seated in the table for two right at the center. It was difficult even for the waiters and waitresses to walk from one table to another without bumping into our table or chair. To make matters worse, E's chair also had a defect that he nearly fumbled when trying to lean over to one side. Hopefully, they could address this problem because it wasn't the most comfortable dining experience. Everything else was fine, though, and the service crew was attentive and accommodating.

As for the food, E ordered Sukiyaki (PhP 215) that comes wi
th Australian beef, tofu, and mushroom with noodles. I was able to taste it and it was really good. The flavors are subtle but rich. My favorite Japanese soup is still Rai Rai Ken's seafood hotpot, but it was some good competition. There was a bit of sweetness to the soup, too, which was a pleasant surprise.

Aside from Japanese food, I am also a sucker for seafood so I immediately scanned their seafood section. I ordered Fillet of Cream Dory (PhP 295) because the photo on their menu just looked so inviting! The fish was grilled to perfection (just as the menu said!) and the spinach was perfect compliment to the fish! The serving also came with mashed potato and E noted it was a little too garlic-y, but it was just perfect for me! Loved it, even.

It was an overall great dining experience for us and the food was indeed the highlight. Again, we wanted to try their maki and desse
rt but I guess that was all my tummy could take. Except for the few issues I raised above, I would recommend Red Kimono!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not into Japanese food but the way it looks on the photo, the food is a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my favorite Japanese resto, but you should give it a try. That says a lot knowing that I only used my phone to take these photos, because my camera died on me again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had diner at TGI Fridays earlier today.. will post a review later on

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm... ginugutom ako. nice review. :) wasn't able to notice this restaurant though. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...